Ha…. das is witzig. Gestern schreib ich ´n Post zur WCC und heut morgen bekomm´ ich Post von Ross Honey.
Seineszeichens Organisator der World Carp Classic. Die Info, dass die WCC ab dem nächsten Jahr nach Italien an den Lago di Bolsena oder Lake Bolsena abgegeben wird, hatte ich schon erwähnt. Doch lest selbst.
„All Roads lead to Rome for the 2012 World Carp Classic
In 2012, the amazing Lake Bolsena located in Italy north of Rome is to be the venue where the World Carp Classic will be held.
Every year we strive to offer better and bigger and without question, for 2012, we believe that the benchmark has been raised to an entirely new level. It certainly appears to be one that nobody wants to miss!
It was encouraging to hear such a buzz of excitement and positive reaction recently while on international trips relating to the World Carp Classic 2012. With the massive demand for places we took the decision to increase the number of available places by 30 to 160 to provide more opportunities for all to enter. This year, again, we aim for over 30 countries to be present at the event.
We are equally pleased to say that the trade is following suit as many new companies are approaching us in relation to the event. This is great news for everybody involved and associated with the event.
We have tremendous sponsors supporting the event for 2012 and we are please to confirm that for the 7th successive year JRC will be title sponsor.
Lake Bolsena and its facilities are truly fantastic and I believe that this aspect alone will help elevate the World Carp Classic to another level next year, and still further for the 15th anniversary in 2013.
To give you a taste of what is to come here are just a few things that we have planned for the event;
* We will be using one of the original horse drawn chariots as used in the block buster films Ben Hur and Gladiator complete
with beautiful white horses.
* Full Roman centurion dress
* A fanfare arrival awaits the competitors
* A parade from the Castle in Bolsena to the town square, which will be closed for the event
* The ancient square will be fully branded with WCC and sponsors banners
* The parade will finish outside the 9th century building that we will be using for the opening ceremony
* There will be a massive pasta and cocktail party with entertainment
And that’s all before the event starts
Apart from that, the good news on the fishing front is perhaps more important, and we are delighted to inform you that:
* The lake is vast – 10 times bigger than Madine – with a massive 53kms of bank space covering a surface area of 144km2
* There are several sections which are over 6kms long – making pegging straight forward
* 96% of the pegs will be accessible by car – which will be allowed to be stationed on those pegs
* It is anticipated that pegs will be a minimum of 150 meters apart
* Indications are that a lot more anglers should catch than in previous events
* The average weight of carp, which are mostly commons, is 15kgs+
ARE YOU IN?
Allocation of places this year is done solely upon reception of payment either in full or by way of a deposit – ensuring therefore maximum chance for anyone who wishes to enter.
Now that priority re-entry has been given to past participants there are 35 places up for grabs so don’t delay, register now. – Visit the registration page on our website where you will find a registration form and proceed to send an immediate payment via PayPal.
Any places not allocated by the end of January 2012 will be declared open to agents to fulfil their ever growing waiting lists.
We are currently posting new information and therefore invite you to visit the Event 2012 section as well as the Home news section to be kept in the loop.
Another good way to be kept informed is to join our FaceBook and Twitter accounts.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to Bolsena including anyone who wants to join in and be part of yet another new chapter of the World Carp Classic.
So die Email von Ihm. Ich hab eine Linkliste zusammengestellt. Die braucht ihr allesamt um euch bei der World Carp Classic anzumelden, euch über die WCC zu informieren und um evtuelle Fragen beantwortet zu bekommen.
So nun klickt ´mal ein bisschen 🙂 Vielleicht sieht man sich ja nächstes Jahr in der Nähe von Rom. Auf zur WCC 2012
ps.: Die diesjhährigen Sieger und damit Weltmeister der World Carp Classic, Thomas Müller und Jens Gassen sind schon gemeldet. Oléé Olé Olé Oléeee 🙂